SWAPPED BY A KISS is out now, published by Corgi Books at Random House Children’s Books.
“This sparkling sequel to SPLIT BY A KISS is a body swap book in the funny tradition of Freaky Friday.”
I wish I wasn’t myself anymore.
I wish I was her.
I wish I was Jo.
When Rachel’s on/off boyfriend goes to a music festival in England, she jumps on a plane to surprise him. But when she gets there, she sees him kissing someone else – their friend Jo. Super-lovely, super-loved, all-round-perfect Jo. Rachel runs away, wishing she could leave her life behind – and she suddenly finds herself in Jo’s body! Can she keep this swap a secret? Can she unravel what’s really going on? Can she get to grips with Jo’s out-of-control curly hair? And if she discovers that being in someone else’s shoes isn’t all it’s cracked up to be, can she ever be herself again?
SWAPPED BY A KISS REVIEWS
MarjoleinBookBlog writes: “Luisa’s newest book is just her very very best. It is very hilarious, and very original. I loved the body swap theme, I have seen it in books and movies before, like Freaky Friday, but I must say I liked this book even better than that movie.”
So Many Books, So Little Time writes: “Swapped by a Kiss is the third – and my favourite – novel by Luisa Plaja. I loved it; it was so much fun!
From author Susie Day’s blog: “…another twisty and touching treat.”
5 stars on I Want To Read That: “It is definitely a novel that will bring a big goofy smile to your face. But it is also more than that. The characters felt real and honestly depicted. The romance is really sweet and you can feel a true connection between the couples… I Loved it, Loved it, Loved it!”
I Was A Teenage Book Geek writes: “Swapped By A Kiss is smart, funny and utterly adorable. It’s the kind of book that’ll pick you up when you’re feeling down.”
From The Mile Long Bookshelf: “I loved this novel, it’s amazingly fanbrillitastic! My rating for this book? 5/5 – definitely!”
“Mishaps, some very funny scenes, misunderstandings and a dawning enlightenment build apace through the story.” – Chris Brown, School Library Association
- Swapped by a Kiss on audioSwapped by a Kiss is now available as an audiobook on CD, narrated by Penny Rawlins, who also read the Split by a Kiss audiobook. She’s equally brilliant at US and UK accents! Listen to a sample of Rachel’s story at Whole Story Audio – Swapped by a Kiss, or click below. Swapped by a Kiss ...
- Swapped by a Kiss reviewed by BookhiThere’s a wonderful review of Swapped by a Kiss written by 13-year-old Zoe at Bookhi. “To sum up this book in one word it would be . . . funtasticious! I recommend this book for all girl teenagers 11+.” Thank you very much, Zoe! Read the full review. Share this:FacebookTwitter
- Fluttering Butterflies reviews Swapped by a Kiss – plus giveaway!Love Month continues on the fabulous book blog Fluttering Butterflies with a lovely review of Swapped by a Kiss. Clover writes, “I really and truly loved these characters, so very real and vulnerable.” Read the full review. The site is also giving away a signed copy of Swapped by a Kiss, open to entrants all over the ...
- Graphic Novelist Neill Cameron’s fabulous fake Swapped by a Kiss coverGraphic novelist Neill Cameron, author of the fantastic Mo-Bot High, has drawn an amazing fake graphic novel cover for Swapped by a Kiss. Read more about it and see the full picture, including some of the process. I love it all! (And read my review of Mo-Bot High by Neill Cameron – I loved that, too!) Share ...
- Swapped by a Kiss reviewed at Bookster ReviewsThanks to Cliona at Bookster Reviews for reviewing Swapped by a Kiss. “This is honestly probably one of the funniest books I’ve ever read! I haven’t read many books that have actually made me laugh out loud. But Luisa Plaja is just such a fantastic author, it’s hard not to laugh!” Read the full review. Share this:FacebookTwitter
- Write Away review Swapped by a Kiss“By swapping bodies and lives, each friend inevtiably gains a far more thorough understanding of the other – not just their own personal quirks but into their relationships with their family and friends as well. Living your best friend’s life can and does result in outright hilarity at points – a cracking read for fans ...