There’s a lovely review of Kiss Date Love Hate written by a young reader in the Guardian: Guardian teen book reviews.
“It is so unique, and such an amazing plot, that I was gripped throughout the whole book…”
And Booktrust has reviewed Swapped by a Kiss and Kiss Date Love Hate.
“Exciting, funny and filled with great characters, Swapped By a Kiss will keep you entertained right until the very last page.”
[Kiss Date Love Hate] “…a revealing and poignant story about individuality, trust and friendship.”
Thank you very much to Booktrust and the Guardian!
Meanwhile, I’ve been posting at the Random House blog about my book signing, and telling Girls Heart Books all about my computer nightmare.
I had a busy World Book Day this year, with a great visit to Newton Abbot College. (See their gorgeous display in the picture!)
It’s my fourth year in a row of visiting NAC on World Book Day, with my first visit being the publication day of Split by a Kiss. It’s practically a tradition…
Read more about the day in the Herald Express.
The next day, I went to Torquay Community College to talk to a group of students about writing and blogging. We had a brilliant time creating characters and discussing books.
Saturday was my book signing at Waterstone’s in Newton Abbot, where I chatted to some fantastic readers.
Thank you very much to all the wonderful students, teachers, readers, bloggers, staff and shoppers I’ve met in the past week!
Come and say hello to me at Waterstone’s Newton Abbot on Saturday 3rd March from 12pm…
In honour of National Libraries Day, I spent a great morning in a writing workshop with a Year 7 class at Coombeshead Academy. Find out more about what we worked on in my post at Girls Heart Books, and see me pictured in the Herald Express.
Herald Express article.
Kiss Date Love Hate is now available in WHSmith and Waterstone’s, and it’s shipping from Amazon and The Book Depository. Look out for its pinkness!
The Kindle e-book and all other e-book formats including Kobo e-book are available right now, and the audiobook has just been released on CD.
I’ve been busy writing guest posts and answering interview questions…
Here’s a roundup of the posts and interviews so far:
Kiss Date Love Hate reviews:
- I Want To Read That – “Another brilliant, funny, sweet and magical story from Luisa Plaja. I completely fell in love with it!” Read the full review at I Want To Read That.”
- So Many Books, So Little Time – “Kiss Date Love Hate is funny, fresh and smart…” Read the full review at So Many Books, So Little Time.
- The Beaucoup Review – “…this book was amazing.” Read the full review at The Beaucoup Review.
- Books, Bonnets and Full-Frontal Blogging – “Romantic comedy + cool sci-fi idea + a touch of seriousness to make you think = about a million thumbs up from me.” Read the review and more at Liz Bankes’s blog.
- Jess Hearts Books – “I loved this tale of finding love where you least expect it and would definitely recommend it to anyone who appreciates warm, funny, contemporary romance for teens.” Read the full review at Jess Hearts Books.
- Books4Teens “…characters so full of life that I felt like they could start walking off the page and start talking to me…. a fast paced, addictive read…” Read the full review at Books4Teens.
- Juniper’s Jungle – “I’m going to be recommending it to anyone who’ll listen.” Read the full review at Juniper’s Jungle.
- Book Angel Booktopia – “Luisa has a knack of creating utterly realistic and believable characters…” Read the full review at Book Angel Booktopia.
- Cicely Loves Books – “Kiss Date Love Hate was an adorable, slightly nerdy, lovely book full of laughs and love and a properly realistic British teen narrative.” Read the full review at Cicely Loves Books.
- Readaraptor – “Kiss, Date, Love, Hate is a book which will make people laugh out loud, shout out loud and love forever…” Read the full review at Readaraptor.
- Serendipity Reviews – “…funny, warm and extremely entertaining…” Read the full review at Serendipity Reviews.
- Fluttering Butterflies – “I loved every minute I spent with this book and had a huge grin on my face throughout.” Read the full review at Fluttering Butterflies.
Thank you to all the wonderful people who have hosted me on their blogs and taken the time to read and write about my book, I appreciate it so much!
I’ll be updating this post with more links as they come in. Please check back!
The audiobook of Kiss Date Love Hate is coming out at the same time as the paperback and Kindle version.
It’s published by W H Howes and is available there and at Whole Story Audio, among other places. It’s also available as a download at Audible in the UK and Audible in the USA.
Find out more in the W H Howes catalogue, and listen to an extract below or at Audible.
Kiss Date Love Hate audiobook extract:
The narrator is actress and voice artist Harriet Carmichael, who was in Mamma Mia, among other films and stage productions. Read more in her bio. She also has a blog, and she has posted mentioning Kiss Date Love Hate.
Here it is… Kiss Date Love Hate – the actual book!
Kiss Date Love Hate on the bookshelf.
Available everywhere from 2nd February 2012.
I’m on Girls Heart Books talking about accents, with samples from the Split by a Kiss and Swapped by a Kiss audiobooks.
Visit Girls Heart Books to read the post.
Booktrust have revamped their excellent site to provide even greater resources for readers of all ages, including writing tips for teenagers. They kindly invited me to give tips on book reviewing and blogging, and you can now read these on the site.
Tips for Starting a Book Blog
Tips for Writing Book Reviews
Booktrust main page