SWAPPED BY A KISS is out now, published by Corgi Books at Random House Children’s Books.
“This sparkling sequel to SPLIT BY A KISS is a body swap book in the funny tradition of Freaky Friday.”
I wish I wasn’t myself anymore.
I wish I was her.
I wish I was Jo.
When Rachel’s on/off boyfriend goes to a music festival in England, she jumps on a plane to surprise him. But when she gets there, she sees him kissing someone else – their friend Jo. Super-lovely, super-loved, all-round-perfect Jo. Rachel runs away, wishing she could leave her life behind – and she suddenly finds herself in Jo’s body! Can she keep this swap a secret? Can she unravel what’s really going on? Can she get to grips with Jo’s out-of-control curly hair? And if she discovers that being in someone else’s shoes isn’t all it’s cracked up to be, can she ever be herself again?
**Swapped by a Kiss is for sale in all UK bookshops, directly from Random House, on Amazon or with free worldwide delivery at The Book Depository. Swapped by a Kiss is also available as an eBook and for Kindle.**
Read an extract of Swapped by a Kiss on the Luisa Plaja fan page on Facebook or click the widget below:
SWAPPED BY A KISS REVIEWS
MarjoleinBookBlog writes: “Luisa’s newest book is just her very very best. It is very hilarious, and very original. I loved the body swap theme, I have seen it in books and movies before, like Freaky Friday, but I must say I liked this book even better than that movie.”
So Many Books, So Little Time writes: “Swapped by a Kiss is the third – and my favourite – novel by Luisa Plaja. I loved it; it was so much fun!
From author Susie Day’s blog: “…another twisty and touching treat.”
5 stars on I Want To Read That: “It is definitely a novel that will bring a big goofy smile to your face. But it is also more than that. The characters felt real and honestly depicted. The romance is really sweet and you can feel a true connection between the couples… I Loved it, Loved it, Loved it!”
I Was A Teenage Book Geek writes: “Swapped By A Kiss is smart, funny and utterly adorable. It’s the kind of book that’ll pick you up when you’re feeling down.”
From The Mile Long Bookshelf: “I loved this novel, it’s amazingly fanbrillitastic! My rating for this book? 5/5 – definitely!”
“Mishaps, some very funny scenes, misunderstandings and a dawning enlightenment build apace through the story.” – Chris Brown, School Library Association
- Swapped by a Kiss on audio Swapped by a Kiss is now available as an audiobook on CD, narrated by Penny Rawlins, who also read the Split by a Kiss audiobook. She’s equally brilliant at US and UK accents! Listen to a sample of Rachel’s story at Whole Story Audio – Swapped by a Kiss, or click below. Swapped by a Kiss is ...
- Swapped by a Kiss reviewed by Bookhi There’s a wonderful review of Swapped by a Kiss written by 13-year-old Zoe at Bookhi. “To sum up this book in one word it would be . . . funtasticious! I recommend this book for all girl teenagers 11+.” Thank you very much, Zoe! Read the full review.
- Fluttering Butterflies reviews Swapped by a Kiss – plus giveaway! Love Month continues on the fabulous book blog Fluttering Butterflies with a lovely review of Swapped by a Kiss. Clover writes, “I really and truly loved these characters, so very real and vulnerable.” Read the full review. The site is also giving away a signed copy of Swapped by a Kiss, open to entrants all over the ...
- Graphic Novelist Neill Cameron’s fabulous fake Swapped by a Kiss cover Graphic novelist Neill Cameron, author of the fantastic Mo-Bot High, has drawn an amazing fake graphic novel cover for Swapped by a Kiss. Read more about it and see the full picture, including some of the process. I love it all! (And read my review of Mo-Bot High by Neill Cameron – I loved that, too!)
- Swapped by a Kiss reviewed at Bookster Reviews Thanks to Cliona at Bookster Reviews for reviewing Swapped by a Kiss. “This is honestly probably one of the funniest books I’ve ever read! I haven’t read many books that have actually made me laugh out loud. But Luisa Plaja is just such a fantastic author, it’s hard not to laugh!” Read the full review.