SPLIT BY A KISS is published by Corgi Books at Random House Children’s Books.
“A fabulously entertaining tale of a teenager who splits in two when she has a difficult decision to make!”
Split by a Kiss is the story of a British girl who goes to live in the USA for a year and finds that the in-crowd at her new school want to be friends with her – and the hottest boy wants to kiss her. But after the kiss, she splits into two girls and goes down two paths at the same time. On one path she is in with the coolest of the cool, and on the other she… isn’t.
Does either route lead to happiness? And how will she ever be herself again?
SPLIT BY A KISS REVIEWS (see also my Reviews and Interviews page)
Meg Cabot writing in her online diary: “Split by a Kiss by Luisa Plaja is a cute, sweet and funny read.”
5-star review by Zoë Page on Bookbag!
“It’s rare to find a book like this – that has a brand new, never told before story, brilliant writing, lots of very realistic scenarios and some hilarious but usually overlooked characters. It really is the ultimate in teen fiction.”
5-star review by junior reader Heather Logan on the Waterstone’s site.
“This is a funny, good read for Young Adults. I would recommend it to people who like a romance with comedy mixed in.”
A 5-star review by Alexandra on Chicklish.
“…a warm, enjoyable read that is hard to put down.”
On Vulpes Libris:
“…a gripping tale, excellently crafted.” Lisa
“A bright, energetic, funny book with a great heroine and an empowering message.” Rosy
“I laughed out loud in many places, but the book had meat on its bones, too.” Leena
And Tanya Lee Stone, who is one of my author heroes (and also Rachel’s in Split by a Kiss) mentioned me on her blog! “…a great romp that mixes romantic comedy with split personalities with across the pond humor”.
TRANSLATIONS OF SPLIT BY A KISS
Split by a Kiss is also available in Polish, entitled “Zmienil mnie pocalunek” and translated by Krystyna Chodorowska. It ‘s published by Nasza Ksiegarnia.
- British Month at Fluttering Butterflies – and a giveaway!Fluttering Butterflies book blog is running a month celebrating British authors, and today she has reviewed Extreme Kissing and hosted a guest post by me about the British settings of this book and Swapped by a Kiss. There’s also a giveaway of a copy of Extreme Kissing, with a closing date of 30th November 2011. Read ...
- Split by a Kiss audiobookSplit by a Kiss has now been released as an audiobook, read by Penny Rawlins and published by W F Howes. There’s information in their catalogue, and it’s available on CD at online audiobook shop Whole Story Audiobooks. It’s also available as a download on Audible and Amazon. Listen to an extract in the Audible catalogue or below… [audio: ...
- Serendipity reviews Split by a KissThank you so much to Vivienne at Serendipity for reviewing Split by a Kiss. “…a refreshing read, full of comical scenes sitting side by side on the touchline with teenage angst.” Read the full review at this wonderful site. Share this:FacebookTwitter
- Author Leila Rasheed and I interview each otherBack in the days when Split by a Kiss had just been released and I was a (*cough*) fresh-ish-faced debut author, a book site called WriteAway asked me and fellow author Leila Rasheed (Chips, Beans and Limousines: The Fantastic Diary of Bathsheba Clarice De Trop!) to interview each other via a long, involved and fun ...
- Hey Evellyn! reviews Split by a KissHey Evellyn! is a Brazil-based site and this Split by a Kiss review is in Portuguese, but you can click the online translator at the end for a rough idea of what it says. For example: “Really super recommended!” (Thank you, Evellyn!) Read the full review in Portuguese. Read the full review filtered through a translator. Share this:FacebookTwitter
- Split by a Kiss reviewed on BookHiZoe from teenage book blog BookHi reviewed Split by a Kiss. “It was like I was living her life, as what goes on in school is so realistic. Some bits really made me laugh out loud, this book is hilarious!” Full review on BookHi. Share this:FacebookTwitter