EXTREME KISSING is out now, published by Corgi Books at Random House Children’s Books.
“A fabulous and heartwarming tale of two friends and the secrets they keep from each other, on one amazing day out…”
In Extreme Kissing, Bethany and Carlota are best friends who long to escape the stresses of life as GCSEs loom on the horizon. Stresses such as a ridiculously strict step-parent (Carlota) or a long-term boyfriend displaying definite pre-dumping behaviour (Bethany).
Carlota suggests the ultimate in stress relief: Extreme Travel, where the journey is more important than the destination. The girls embark on a wild day out in London, choosing tasks at random from the pages of a magazine; extreme challenges that include exclusive shopping, excellent snogging and… explosive secrets.
“It’s about freedom. Risks. Avoiding real life.” – Carlota
“Are we still talking about my brother’s socks?” – Bethany
Read an extract of Extreme Kissing
EXTREME KISSING REVIEWS (see also my Reviews and Interviews page)
“Extreme Kissing is about lots of things: friendship, family, trust, love and choices. It’s also about living life, and taking risks every now and then. I would highly recommend this to readers of Louise Rennison and Liz Rettig, and YA fiction fans in general, as I’m sure you will thoroughly enjoy this teen tale of extremes.” Wondrous Reads
“Once again, Luisa Plaja has taken a chicklit book, and made it so much more than that. Not that chicklit can’t be deep, but Extreme Kissing has so many facets. It’s a great book for any teen, addressing identity, friendship, family, and how deceptive appearances can be. The idea is cool, the pace is fast and the book is fun.” About Books For Teens
“I really enjoyed this novel. Luisa Plaja’s second novel is as brilliant as her first, if not better.” So Many Books, So Little Time
“…a totally compelling page turner.” Vulpes Libris
“Bethany and Carlota are both so real, so authentic, that I couldn’t help but be drawn into their lives, their secrets and their pasts.” Bookbag
“If you are looking for a glittery and extremely funny book, think of this one. The story is just so much fun to read, I absolutely enjoyed it.” Marjolein Book Blog
“Things aren’t quite what they seem in Extreme Kissing and it just added to this novel’s greatness… you get romance, lies, mystery, breaking out and living life, and the meaning of friendship.” Teens Read Too
“I’d recommend Extreme Kissing to anyone who enjoys a fun, girly story with genuine heart. Heck, I’d recommend it to anyone who has a heart. It’s a must-read.” I Was a Teenage Book Geek.
TRANSLATIONS OF EXTREME KISSING
Extreme Kissing is available in German, entitled “Extreme Kissing oder Wie viele Frösche ich küssen musste” and translated by Sonja Häußler. It’s published by Arena Verlag.
Extreme Kissing is out now in Brazil, translated into Portuguese by Rafael Mantovani and called “Sábado sem noção”. There’s more information at Editora iD.
Extreme Kissing has been translated into Danish by Elisabeth Kiertzner and is published by Flachs. It’s available in bookshops in Denmark and online..
- New-look LibraryNewton Abbot Library, where I used to help run the Teenage Flicks book club, has just re-opened. Read all about it at the PRSD. Spotted on the shiny new shelves of the Teenage section and pictured below: one of the books chosen by the students of Newton Abbot College and Coombeshead Academy. (Thank you!) In other news, ...
- Extreme Kissing audiobook now availableExtreme Kissing is now an audiobook! It’s published by W H Howes and is available there and at Whole Story Audio, among other places. Buy it with instant download at Audible in the UK or Audible in the US. Find out more in the W H Howes catalogue, and listen to an extract below. Extreme Kissing audiobook extract: Bethany’s ...
- British Month at Fluttering Butterflies – and a giveaway!Fluttering Butterflies book blog is running a month celebrating British authors, and today she has reviewed Extreme Kissing and hosted a guest post by me about the British settings of this book and Swapped by a Kiss. There’s also a giveaway of a copy of Extreme Kissing, with a closing date of 30th November 2011. Read ...
- German review of Extreme Kissing14-year-old Mila Milisavljevic has written a lovely review of the German edition of Extreme Kissing oder: Wie viele Frösche ich küssen musste. Share this:FacebookTwitter
- Sabado Sem Nocao (Extreme Kissing in Portuguese) reviewsExtreme Kissing is published in Brazil by Editora iD, translated into Portuguese and called “Sábado sem noção”. Read lovely reviews on Rosenwine.com, Livromaníaca, Viaje na Leitura and Viver para Ler, with huge thanks to the reviewers! The reviews are in Portuguese, though some of the sites have built-in basic translators. See also Sábado sem noção on Skoob. Share ...
- Extreme Kissing’s Portuguese edition vlogLost in Chick Lit, a Brazilian book blog, features Sabado Sem Nocao (Extreme Kissing’s Portuguese edition) in their ‘in my mailbox’ post. Get a great view of the book, inside and out, from 2:54. Also see EditoraID’s Twitter pic of the outside cover and inside cover. Share this:FacebookTwitter